Now strawberries are in abundance, here is an idea to use them (beyond just popping them in your mouth) with cold infused Assam tea to create a cooling, tasty tea with a twist.
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries
- 20g loose leaf New Day Assam
- 1 lime
- A few basil leaves
Iced Assam Tea
- Bring 1 litre of water to the boil in a saucepan
- Add 20g of New Day Assam loose tea
- Leave to brew for approx 5 mins.
- Stain the tea leaves, and set aside the tea to cool
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour
- Rinse the strawberries in cold water.
- Trim and cut the strawberries in two parts and put in a food processor.
- Squeeze in half the lime and puree until smooth.
- Strain the mixture to remove the seeds and transfer the mixture to a bowl. over and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Line the bottom of a glass with a small layer of strawberry purée.
- Add 2-3 basil leaves and a few ice cubes
- Pour in the Assam iced tea to fill the rest of the glass.