It may still be nice and warm outside, but in reality the last of the summer is upon us..! Before the back to school, back to work mentality sinks in, see the season out in style with a beautiful tea infused cocktail.
This simple, fruity cocktail (or mocktail!) includes Assam orthodox black tea combined with rum, fresh lemon, and fruit juice. You can also turn the recipe into a fresh non-alcoholic drink by using simple brewed black tea and mix it with orange juice, pineapple juice, and ginger ale to replace the rum.
What you'll need:
- 500ml of brewed black tea
- 50 ml of dark rum
- Splash of simple syrup
- Juice of one lemon
- 100 ml of orange juice
- 250 ml of pineapple juice
- (100 ml ginger ale)
1. Steep the tea leaves in hot water for 5 mins, allow to cool and strain. (Brewing teas longer and thus stronger also allows for stronger tea flavour and, results in more tannins, which can give your non-alcoholic drink more of a punch).
2. When cool, combine with the fruit juices, simple syrup and rum in a jug full of ice.
3. Strain into glasses over crushed ice, and garnish with a wedge of pineapple and orange.
4. Savour, and enjoy..!